Stacy J. Harrell
Is a nationally recognized, award winning visionary, social innovator, motivational presenter, educator, and artistic entrepreneur. She is the founder of Visual Arts Productions, a non-profit organization that shares her passion for dance by using a purposeful approach to highlight social causes through educational theatrical dance programming. Stacy also founded the following organizations and events that are presently still thriving.
• New Vision Dance Ministry
• Southwest Community “The Bridge” Church Dance Ministries
• The National Praise Dance Fellowship
• The Higher Dimension Church Praise Dance Ministries
• The Unified Praise Dance Company
• Televised dance show “Move Something”
• The Houston Dance Tsunami
• The DREAM Project
• The Youth Bowl Experience
• Visual Arts Productions
Stacy J’s artistic fortitude and pioneering spirit have propelled her to help some of today’s leading artists and entertainers across multiple media platforms. Her ability to articulate a compelling and captivating story has inspired and empowered others and also led her to become the first female mime dancer to be featured in the mainstream inspirational entertainment industry. She was also selected to be a Lead Choreographer for the Stellar Awards.
Stacy J. directed and produced the first televised inspirational dance show in the nation entitled “Move Something”. The show was a gateway for inspirational dancers to be taught, developed and exposed dancers to the professional aspects of being recognized as artists. “Move Something” aired on TV-One and The WORD Network.
Stacy J. was ordained as a Minister of Dance in 1999, by Bishop Vaughn McLaughlin of “The Potter’s House” in Jacksonville, Florida.
• 2019 Honoree “The Faithful”
• 2015 D-MARS Top 50 Black Professionals & Entrepreneurs of Houston, Texas
• 2012 The Female Success Factor Top 25 Women Honoree of Houston, Texas
• 2007 Texas Gospel Music Awards Legends Awards
• 2006 Texas Gospel Music Awards Trailblazer and Dance Company of the year
• 2003-2005 Texas Gospel Music Awards Dance Leader of the year
UNIFIED ON PURPOSE...
The Unified Praise Dance Company was founded in 2009.
The company is comprised of professional artists from across that each specializes in various genres of dance. These anointed artist’s each brings their own authentic style, vocational trainings and spiritual callings as servants. They were chosen to engage and impact the world with pertinent and redemptive productions through the art of dance.
Their works include: Modern, Mime, Hip-Hop, Contemporary Ballet fusion, Pageantry, and Tap
Under the tutelage of Artistic Movement Engineer Stacy J, the Company has created dance works that have premiered on awards shows, conventions, concerts, plays and dance events nationally. Stacy J is the primary choreographic voice for the company’s works that have been known to challenge traditionalism and opened the eyes of skeptic’s. The company creates customized choreography for recording artists, producers, music directors, records labels and television.
The company uses their tools of skillful choreography woven together with lyrics of music to form "human videos"
• Bishop Hezekiah Walker (Stellar Awards & Dove Awards)
• Bishop Larry Trotter (Stellar Awards)
• Dr. Earnest Pugh (Stellar Awards & BET)
• Dr. Dorinda Clark-Cole's Singer's, Musicians and Arts Conference 2013-2015
• Martha Munizzi (Stellar Awards)
• Alexis Spight (Stellar Awards)
• Jeff Majors
• Beverly Crawford (Stellar Awards)
• Evolution of Gospel Congressman John Lewis-Special Tribute (Kennedy Center
• Evolution of Gospel Rev. Jesse Jackson-Special Tribute (Kennedy Center
• Texas Gospel Awards "Company of the Year" 2003-2005
• Stellar Awards Pre-show 2007-Present
• NAACP 2013-2016
• The WORD Network 2015 (Pastor Jamal Bryant)
• Congressional Black Caucus Prayer Breakfast 2017 & 2018/Washington D.C.